Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Corporate Planning and Development
Toronto, Ontario, CA
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ontario Centres of Excellence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Division: Corporate Planning and Development
Reports to: Director, Partnerships Development
Job Grade: 7
The Partnerships Manager builds, maintains and manages existing partnerships through the development, implementation and execution of strategic initiatives and joint projects. The Partnerships Manager facilitates business case development to support new funding opportunities with prospective partners for OCE.
- Manages new and existing partnerships to build and sustain mutually beneficial collaborations. Develops and maintains professional relationships and regular communication with partner contacts
- Builds a knowledge base and extensive network of innovation and commercialization organizations in Ontario and Canada.
- Drives and manages the partnership development process including:
- Outreach to partners and external stakeholders; participating in external discussions and presentations;
- Identifying, assessing and attracting new partners in the innovation and commercialization intermediary community in Ontario and across Canada;
- Collecting and analyzing information for strengths and opportunities to support business case;
- Designing framework for partnership opportunities;
- Recommending actions and tracking results.
- Manages proposal development and funding application processes.
- Supports strategic initiatives and partnership projects by collaborating and working cross-functionally with internal and external teams to drive successful execution and implementation, representing OCE’s partnership interest with stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in partnership opportunity discovery and development.
- Experience writing complex funding proposals to private and public funding stakeholders.
- Understanding of Ontario’s innovation eco-system. Familiarity with the language and terminology of industry, government and the academic community.
- Able to independently act and represent OCE with professionalism: identify targets, cold call, open doors and build rapport with decision makers and executives, positioning opportunities and project proposals.
- Dynamic, high energy individual with a desire to help fuel the growth of the organization.
- Emotionally intelligent, capable of understanding and working in complex environments with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills; a positive, respectful, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Facilitation experience with multiple stakeholders; demonstrated success in relationship building.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge and advanced skills in standard MS software: Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong numeracy skills and comfortable analyzing budgets and financial statements.
Internal/ External Contacts
- OCE staff at all levels
- Industry (from the CEO to the shop floor)
- Academic researchers, students, university research administrative staff
- University/college/hospital/government administration
- Government (at all levels, federal, provincial and municipal)
- Standard office hours, although there will be participation required in non-office hour events such as networking meetings, workshops, etc.
- Travel 20 – 30% of the time within Ontario, potential for occasional travel outside Ontario
To explore this opportunity further, we encourage you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Application Deadline: June 13, 2014